An agrarian piece also conserved at the Gerald Ford Conservation Center in Omaha. Extensive work was done on the late19th Century Newcomb Macklin frame. The picture only needed a slight cleaning.
The name change is due to the discovery of the composition’s original exhibition tag found in Grell archives donated by the estate of Ruth Thomys, Santa Fe to the Louis Grell Foundation in 2016.
oil on canvas, 32″ x 40″ signed “LOUIS GRELL 1951” previously exhibited at University of Nebraska at Omaha (2013) and Union Station St. Louis, MO (2015) under the title Oxcart; private collection